It’s one year ago today that we had our first successful equity campaign – for us.
It was a scary move, going out with our own campaign and asking our crowd to join us on our journey. I joke that it’s effectively the same as getting naked and running through a crowd of friends (and critics). It’s a no holds barred, warts and all approach to growing your company, and it’s not for the faint hearted. But, it worked. In 23 hours we raised our maximum goal of $100,000, and we grew from a team of 2 FTE’s and a board to a family of 186 shareholders, directors and team members.
And, we got so much more from our crowd than just the funds. In the last year we’ve gotten everything from strategy sessions to home cooked meals to contacts in Australia to campaign leads to attendees at our pitch kitchens to another round of funding. We’ve been supported commercially and personally. We’ve strengthened existing friendships and made new ones.
With your help, in the last year we’ve gone from $2.9million total pledged through the platform to $8.2million pledged. We’ve had 11 other equity campaigns funded, covering a spectrum of industries – from beer to wind turbines to solid hair care bars. And, we’ve almost hit the 1,000 mark on total funded campaigns. Yep, that’s almost 1,000 campaigns that got the funding they needed to go ahead. Since 2012.
So, I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you to our supporters, shareholders, and the growing PledgeMe team. We wouldn’t be where we are today without you. We also wouldn’t be who we are today without you.
What does the next year hold?
- More kiwis funding the things they care about.
- Us pushing to hit our goal of $8.2million pledged this financial year.
- Different ways of supporting our crowd, be it new ways help campaigners to new products we offer.
- More inspiration. More learning. More you.
- Crafters & Co Limited (hopefully our lucky 13th campaign funded)
- Hillary Clinton / Young Lover – The Film! (because it makes me giggle)
- Darren Watson – To Record An Album At Greaseland (USA) With Kid Andersen (a four time alumni)