Update: the form below was closed for new pledges from 7:45am on Thursday, 10 May.
The last two nights are not what we strive to do with PledgeMe. We aim to help kiwis fund the things they care about. And it’s hard to fund the things you care about when the servers go down.
On our first night launching Waiapu Investment’s campaign, the servers went down because of a search issue on our website affecting our database servers. Or so we thought.
On our second night, the servers went down because of the sheer load. And, even scaling the number of our servers (which we had pre-emptively started) didn’t help.
We had five times more load than our quickest campaign to $2 million. We had anticipated double from the statistics of Waiapu’s first night.
So what’s happening now?
If you would like to invest in Hikurangi Enterprises, please fill in the form below. The campaign is NOT closed yet – we have manually closed it to use the form instead, but the campaign’s upper goal is still $2,000,000. Disregard any emails you received saying the campaign reached its target – those are due to us manually closing it.
You will receive email confirmation in the coming days to finalise your pledge, or will be added to the waiting list if the campaign has reached its maximum target.
If you were pledging to another campaign, we are truly sorry. We will extend those campaigns to give everyone time to pledge.
If you’re looking for more excellent projects to support, check out these campaigns:
- Aluan is working with local communities in Sumatra to produce sustainable, organic coconut oil.
- Wellington rock band The Whiskey Show is recording their debut album.
- Everybody Eats is creating a pay as you feel restaurant using surplus food to ‘feed bellies, not bins.’
- Nicetouch Massage is moving from a home operation to premises in St Kevin’s Arcade.
- Whangerei Girls’ School is crowdfunding for a telescope to help students explore the universe.
- Roar Beacon will help hunters be safer out in the bush.
- The Patchwork Raven is publishing a book of bedtime stories for kids of all ages.
- Mike is going to the Himalayas to continue his yoga study.
- Auckland band Gravity Road is recording a new EP.
- A family of photographers is off to volunteer in Hungary.
- The Anglican Diocese of Wellington is creating their first prayer ambulance.
- A group is bringing motivational speaker David Samuel to Aotearoa for workshops.
- Ruby Fresh has designed wetsuits specifically for swimming in cold fresh waters.
- Blue River Baby is recording their debut album.
- The Wonky Donkey is recording his second album of music that’s Not Just for Kids.