** Application close date extended to 21 January – and Wellington-based folk can apply**
This year has been a big one for the PledgeMe team. Our Own Ron smashed our record for the most money raised in a project campaign. We exported our expertise to Australia. And chocolate lovers united to snaffle up $2 million of equity to Own The (OCHO) Factory in 32 hours.
After all that hard (albeit exciting!) work, we reckon we deserve a Christmas present. And this year, all we want for Christmas is someone to help us with our day-to-day admin. In short, a solid administration/reconciliation/verification extraordinaire. Instead of placing our bets on Santa, we are going tried and true; back to you! We would love our crowd to help us find our next team member. We’ve even given them a name: the ‘Admin-ister’.
This is going to be the Christmas present that keeps on giving. Our new Admin-ister will be the one that lets us do more of what we love doing, while doing what they love doing: making our spreadsheets look ship-shape and our banking seem seamless.
Are you interested in working with us? Or do you know someone who could make our Christmas come early? Read the job description below, and then send me an email by Sunday 21 January with:
- your CV; and
- a note on what you would bring to the PledgeMe team, and why you want to work with us.
We’ll be setting up interviews for the week commencing 22 January and hope to make an offer by 26 January (though we can wait for the right person). We can be flexible about timing, and interviewing online, as we know most of New Zealand is travelling in January.
Hours: 16 hours per week (with flexibility to increase hours over busy periods)
Location: Auckland / Wellington (though flexibility to work from home)
Rate: $25 p/h (depending on skills and experience)
Help us help Kiwis fund things they care about! We are looking for a part-timer to join our team as our awesome Admin-ister.
Here’s what we’re looking for in the perfect Admin-ister:
- Not afraid to be a bit quirky. We occasionally wear onesies to the office (but only on Wednesdays).
- Attention to detail – passionate about inbox zero (TBH, inbox ten is fine too).
- Tech able. No, you don’t need to be able to code C#, but you should be able to work your way around embed code and excel spreadsheets.
- Empathetic. You need to want to help people, and get the best out of every project creator that comes through your inbox / our office.
- Able to think on your feet (and office chair). Happy to point out things you think could be improved, then leading the charge to fix ‘em.
What this actually means day-to-day:
- Working a few hours each day a week, with hours likely to increase at the close of successful campaigns.
- Being available on Wednesday mornings to coincide with our team meeting.
- Supporting the team by taking on the financial processing workflows.
Some specific responsibilities you will take on include:
- Reconciling Xero for projects, equity and lending.
- Leading the reconciling (payments and verifications).
- Processing credit card payments from successful campaigns.
- Helping to process investor checks for equity and lending campaigns.
- Managing the invoices and payments processes, which includes our invoices for services and our client fund account.
- Suggesting/introducing new ways for us to improve processing and reconciling
- Answering tech-related enquiries from campaigners / pledgers when able in a timely manner – and forwarding on when help is needed.
- Owning the beloved general phone 24/7, 365 days a year (and even that sneaky extra February day every few years)! Not really, just weekdays during office hours (though we are looking at setting up an answering service too)
One more thing…
We hold our values pretty close to heart in the office, and they are:
- Support transparency and trust
- Be constantly evolving
- He tangata, he tangata, he tangata
- Be seriously fun(ding) humans
- Do good and do well
We want someone to come into the team who resonates with those values, but brings their own perspectives and skill sets. We don’t all need to think or act the same way, but we all need to care about our common mission of helping Kiwis fund the things they care about.
So, keen to join Team PledgeMe? You can email me with your CV and cover note here.